Thursday, October 29, 2015

October is Almost Over

I LOVE FALL!!!! It is my favorite season by far. There is a meme floating around FB that shows a beautiful river with trees lining it showcasing all the colors of fall. It says "My favorite color is October". But I am happy when October is finally over. That means Halloween is behind us for another year! I hate all the ghoolie, gross, bloody stuff that Halloween has come to mean for some people. I don't mind trick-or-treating, getting costumes together for the kiddos, even decorating a bit for Halloween. But when you have it in your face every time you turn on the TV, and drive around seeing death (grotesque death) hanging on front yard trees and skulls and stuff in the stores, count me out!
This year, I'm not really looking forward to the candy part of Halloween. I can't eat it. I have not been able to enjoy candy. I did eat a pumpkin cookie last night that tasted really good - that was the first sweet thing I've enjoyed since August.

As for how this round went - it wasn't great. #1 was the worst, #3 the next and #2 was the best so far. I didn't have the heavy lead-weight feeling, but I did have the same non-taste extreme dry mouth happen this time. I also got a UTI yesterday, so I am on anti-biotics for that. I went to the dermatologist yesterday and the PA (who looked 16 years old), said it was most likely rosacea. He prescribed a cream for it. Rosacea is not really diagnosable, and it isn't treatable, but it can be controlled. He and the Dr. said that it was the steroids that I got the first round that caused the inflammation that made my face look so horrible. It is similar to a steroid that they use for some kind of facial problem (I can't remember). They said that the breakout looked just like when they treat their patients with this steroid. It hasn't inflammed again even though I get the steroid each time. He said that the red spots left over from the breakout bumps will take a few months to go away. The cream he prescribed should help.

I am ready for the next round, but really happy I get at least a week of feeling good before that all starts again. I am back to being able to eat and enjoy most of what I consume. That is probably the hardest, having to eat when anything makes me just want to gag. At least this time water didn't make me gag. I need to remember popscicles next time. That will help with the swelling feeling in my mouth and get some kind of something in me.

2 comments: