Tuesday, September 8, 2015

To Be Human Again

I have something that is called an Earworm - it is when you have music going through your head and you can't get it out. It happens constantly. At Christmas time, I always wake up with a carol going through my mind, it could be halfway through the song - it is just like I opened the door in the middle of a concert or someone playing something. Tonight, it was this song from Beauty and the Beast - how appropriate. I feel almost human again today. Problem with it is, that I am sleeping so poorly, I wake constantly (like every 45 minutes) with a song in my head, and I can't get back to sleep because of the song playing itself out. At least last night, I was able to get right back to sleep without much trouble.

It is not quite 7:00 and the first day of school for A and N. They are excited. A not so much as she really, really wants to homeschool. That is definitely in our future, just not this year.....

I am hoping that in 2 hours, I will feel well enough to take them to school. We live just half a mile from there, and I walk or ride bikes with them. I don't think I will be up for that. There is a parent assembly, but I double checked with my friend who is on the PTO, if it was important information or a kind of pep rally, and I think it is more the latter. So I am not stressing myself out to get there for that. As long as I remember to take first day pictures, I will call it a successful day.

I am so tired of being in a reclining position. I have either been in bed or on the couch for 4 days. Yesterday, Jeff and I took a 'turn' about the neighborhood and it felt good to get outside. I can walk, it's just that I am unsteady and I get tired easily. I guess today, I'll just make sure to walk around the whole house once every hour or so. Things aren't tasting good still. I seem to have a really dry mouth, so that is affecting flavors. Jeff made home made tortillas last night for tacos, and they were good, just seemed dry to me. I ended up eating a bowl of cereal. This morning, I have already had 2 bowls of applesauce. The wetter, the better! I am also sensitive to smells. Saturday morning, bacon was on the menu and the only bacon to be had was a maple flavor. The smell is lingering and every time I open the door, I can smell it. It is a sickly sweet - now old sickly sweet- smell. Ugh! I have tried neutralizing the air and even opened all the windows even though it is only barely 70 outside. I hope today it will be a little warmer so I can bundle up and open the windows.

So, my schedule so far. On infusion day, I seem to do well, come home and rest a little. Slept well the first night. The next day, morning seemed normal, but by afternoon (after the neulasta shot), I hit the wall. That night was not good, next day feel like lead weights are hanging from me - or that I am made completely of lead. Eat ok, but can't get comfortable. I don't know if that's because I am body tired, or my body is tired of not moving. No sleep really that 3rd night. The next day (Sunday) I feel a little better, can get up and moving a little, nothing tastes good still, and my only relief is ice chips - kind of feels like I'm cooling down a burned tongue - the tongue doesn't feel hot, just that I've lost all taste-bud function. Sleep better the 4th night and the next day feel a little better. Need to get moving more that day and keep wet food and liquids on hand. I even had a cup of hot chocolate with Mother before they headed back home. Funny thing with the dry mouth, popcorn tasted pretty good to me. Maybe I need some salt as all the liquids are flushing everything out. My digestion seems to be ok - manageable. Every time I woke up the last few nights, I feel more tired or body sore than when I went to sleep.

Well, I am over doing my energy level. I tried to do my back exercises, and got a little bit along on those. Another funny thing, like with the exercises, I feel out of body - like I am doing the exercises, but there is nothing there responding to them. The muscles don't feel like they are there, just an empty body. It has been hard to type, text and do the ipad for that same reason. My fingers are there, they just feel like they are not a part from my body or not attached in any way. Makes for slow response.

No comments:

Post a Comment