This is somewhat normal for me. A few nights every month, I have a tendency to wake up after midnight to use the ladies room and not be able to go back to sleep for a couple hours. Tonight, it may have something to do with all that will be happening tomorrow. I also had a thought that I told someone I would schedule the church building for our RS activity coming up in a couple of weeks as she wasn't able to do it and it is an online thing, not a call the building scheduler person. I checked and it was totally easy-peasy! (rice and cheesy).
So, being on here, I thought I'd just check in one last time. My parents showed up around dinner time last night and we had a WONDERFUL steak dinner. When we were waiting for it all to finish cooking, there was a knock at the door. One sister from the ward (the compassionate service lady), showed up with a loaf of fresh bread. It would have been delivered warm if I had been home earlier in the day when she dropped by the first time. YUM! Good thing, as that was one thing I didn't get while out on Monday. I sat down and 5 minutes later my neighbor knocked on the door with some delicious chocolate/fruit cups! Dark chocolate cups with berries and chocolate mousse! YUM! again.
People have been so nice, wonderful and thoughtful. I am sure learning how easy it is to do something that has a large impact. I am so overwhelmed with all the thoughtful things people do. My mother and dad showed up and gave me a fall quilt to use to keep warm in the chemo room - it is cold in there! Of course Jeff and the girls are so thoughtful. They step right in when there is any kind of need. Jeff came home today and said there are lots of people from work - the front office gals to his clients who are praying for me. That has been the constant offer from family, friends and even strangers - "I will keep you in my prayers". I know that is the one thing that is keeping me calm and sane. There is no way at all that my personality would have me naturally be this way. I would maybe at the most look it on the outside, but on the inside, I would be all churning and worried, and I wouldn't be sleeping being kept up with a wandering mind of all the possible things that could go wrong.
THANK YOU!
Well, it's been 1 1/2 hours, so I have a chance to get to sleep again soon! God natt.
I'm glad so many people are surrounding you with love and support and prayers and that it's helping you stay calm and sane. LOVE YOU
ReplyDelete