Friday night I wasn't feeling very well with an annoying headache and my shoulder was very painful. (Not from the port itself, but from being overly careful with it because of the surgery). I took some medication and it seemed to subside enough to sit up with the family before bedtime. I went to bed a little earlier than everyone else. When Jeff came to bed I was just waking up and realized the headache wasn't gone. It got SO much worse in the next few minutes. I have had this about 2 or 3 other times before. It was excruciating! I am so sorry for anyone who suffers from regular migraines. I do get bad headaches every once in a while -maybe once a month at the most, but this is nothing like it. I wanted my head chopped off. I just couldn't get comfortable. Jeff called my sister-in-law, Suzy, who is a pharmacist to make sure what dose of meds I could safely take. The pain went on for about an hour or more. Poor Jeff wasn't sure what to do for me. He did give me a blessing, got me ice, rubbed my back and held my hand. When it got a little better, I tried to go back to bed, but it started back when I lay flat. Finally it did go down enough I was able to go to sleep.
Joy actually did come in the morning! I felt better-just a little lingering thought of some pain, but by noon, that was gone so I was able to help with the family house cleaning and have a regular day. I was thinking on this this morning that it is kind of a reminder to me that "this too shall pass". My coming treatment might be horrible, but it will end. If I do all I can to fight what is happening in my body, in the end I will feel better, be better and much stronger.
On the Homefront.... This morning we have rain! The air is clean and hopefully this is happening all around the region to stop the wildfires. It looked like it was raining west and east of us yesterday, so this is great news. Our fasting and prayers have been answered.
I'm with you about headaches, I just have NO tolerance for them. I'm glad it finally subsided. You're such a trooper. I know this next week will be a tough one, but you can do it. SO happy to hear that the scans came back clear. Hoping for good news about the other one, too. We'll talk soon.
ReplyDelete