Friday, August 7, 2015

Echo-cardiogram

Well, today was the first of all the preliminary appointments. I had an Echo-cardiogram today. The technician was very nice and answered my questions during the test. It is because I will be having chemo that I needed it. They will do follow up tests during the treatment to make sure my heart isn't being effected by it all.
I thought to take the girls with me to all my appointments in hopes that they could grasp and understand what I am going through and what is happening. I don't want them to come out of this with being more proficient on the iPad and animal jam and think back with "oh, yea, there were some days that mom didn't feel well or volunteer much at school this year". I don't know how to do that without lugging them with me to these tests -as the actual treatment and surgeries won't be until after school starts. But then they will just end up sitting in the waiting room playing on the all consuming iPad anyway.
Most of my tests are at Sacred Heart which is downtown Spokane. It took me more than 30 minutes this morning. I have to go through 26 lights to get there (yes, I did count them). I can go another way, but that puts me a few blocks east and is more than 15 lights (yes, I counted those too).

I thought it would be nice to put some pictures on this, but I might be reported for indecent exposure if I took pics of me in the lovely hospital gowns they require me to wear. Today, it was a flimsy waist long thing made up of the stuff you see on the bottom of upholstered chairs. They do try to make you comfortable, but I need to remember to at least tuck some socks into my purse just in case my feet get a little chilly.

Next up, is my MRI on Monday, and I meet the oncologist Dr. Gopaluni on Wednesday. I think reality is starting to catch up to me. I have been having waves of emotional nausea hit me every so often. I am trying to keep busy and focus my attention on the life going on around me rather than what is going to happen to me. I didn't expect to make it through with having upbeat and calm emotions every day, but I can try!  Again, I feel the prayers and positive thoughts from friends and family and it gives me such strength! I would be a basket case without that.

1 comment:

  1. You are a rock star, Heidi. Yes, you will have waves of different emotions, that is to be expected. As it has just been over a year from my last Chemo treatment, I can tell you now ... it will be a journey, for sure. But you are strong and you have lots of support. Please know you can call on me anytime and I'll come just sit with you or do dishes ... or whatever. Love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete