My 2nd post-op appointment today. The last drain was removed and so I am drain free!!!! One was definitely better than three, but it did get in the way and I haven't been able to take a shower. I can now take a shower, but I can't let the water run over my suture lines too much aren't supposed to get all soggy and pruny. I don't care, I am going to be happy to just stand in the water and have it run on my head and down my back. Yea! I still have to wear the ace bandage to help the surfaces stay together with slight pressure and help discourage fluid build up. But only for a week or two more.
I am still limited with arm movements and any type of pushing, pullin, lifting and carrying. I will start physical therapy and radiation in about 4weeks. Doctor Moline did say that I can travel between now and radiation (radiation limiting me only because of it being every week-day for 6 weeks.). So we are looking to take our spring break in the next couple weeks instead of waiting for April. Not that we are planning a tropical getaway. More like going to see baby G! (Oh, and maybe even Carter and Maggie, Victoria and Jesse, too).
That is the latest. I have normal energy, am not in any pain and besides being limited physically am feeling pretty normal. I haven't had to take any kind of medication for pain or sleep or anything. This is very nice. Dr. Moline also said that some others who had mastectomies the same week I did still have drains and are healing slower than I am. I know that my "good health"through all of this can only be attributed to prayers and the Priesthood blessings I have received. Thank you! Thank you! To all who have blessed me in this way. Jeff said that several of his clients have come back and told him that they have been praying for me. So, not only my dear friends and family members, but even strangers whom I may never meet are blessing me with their faith. I am so fortunate not only to have that but also to experience and see the outcome of such an outpouring of love and concern.
Ok, I think that is about all my shoulder/arm can handle tonight. Signing off to watch the final of Kids Baking Championship with the family!
No comments:
Post a Comment