This is short, mostly because I am writing from my iPad and it doesn't scroll past the box that shows on my screen..... ( ok, so I've just written a couple lines and wasted space writing that -kind of like in the Book of Mormon where Nephi and Moroni both essentially say , "I don't write much, because I don't have room and it is difficult to write and it has already been said by others but I wish I could write more....")
So, the day has finally come for my appointment. I am still calm but am at the same time anxious to hear what treatment my doctor is going to recommend for me.
I do need to write something here so I don't forget it (a common occurrence lately.....) but won't go into details as I'd like to keep that part a little more private than here. One thing that I would definitely be stressing over and freaking out about is the financial side of this whole thing. But, a wonderful billing lady at Inland Imaging was in tune enough to steer me in the direction of a program that they have for my particular cancer. The other wonderful lady at this program has been so helpful in figuring out when at first glance it didn't look like I would qualify for this grant, found another way for me to qualify. Because of these insightful ladies, ALL expenses are being taken care of for all treatments involved with my care. Even those that have already been paid-from the first mammogram through anything the doctor decides is best for my treatment. I won't have any financial concerns at all, deductible or no, co-pay or anything. (And we're talking it's already pushing $10,000 before even walking into the surgeons office today.)
There have already been miracles which at first glance haven't seemed like a blessing, which has led me to the point of qualifying for this grant- really and truly I have to remember that enduring to the end is a HUGE part of living life. Looking back at some hardships we have had, I can now be grateful to have had those or I (we) would be facing something way, way harder! A little vague, but I understand what it all means and that's what is important - but I did want to share the thought to hang in there! Heavenly Father has blessings to rain down upon us if we have the faith to endure and what He waits to bless us with is way better than we can even imagine! Well, I'm at the end of my box, see you on the flip side!
Well-expressed! I am glad you are keeping a grip on writing about medical stuff and emotions. You will want to look back at your own advice for strength. Thank you for sharing! I love you! M
ReplyDeleteIt was great to spend some time with you yesterday. I know from my own experience, that you just have to TRY to have a positive outlook and not worry about the unknown. I know the Lord will continue to bless you and comfort you. I remember the blessing your dad gave me on the eve of my finding out that I had cancer. One of the things I was promised was PEACE. I know that blessing was fulfilled many times over. We are praying for you as you embark on this new journey. I was so happy to read of the financial blessing you shared. That is huge. Talk to you soon and we are praying for you every day.
ReplyDeleteInteresting how life works that way... HF knows best! I love you! Looking forward to reading more...
ReplyDeleteWipe your brow and take one more step. A burden has been lifted. "I WILL BE ON YOUR RIGHT HAND AND ON YOUR LEFT, AND MY SPIRIT SHALL BE IN YOUR HEARTS, AND MINE ANGELS ROUND ABOUT YOU, TO BEAR YOU UP." D&C 84:88. ♡
ReplyDeleteOh Heidi!! Hugs!! We will continue to keep you in our prayers!!!
ReplyDelete